Monday, June 29, 2009

Day 41 - people who take initiative

There are so many times throughout our lives where we're placed problematic situations as a group. And in these circumstances, we sometimes sit back and worry about things or stress out, but take no action. I know I've been guilty of it plenty of times. But, the harder thing is to step up to the plate, and work toward a solution. Having the courage to take the reins of a problem that effects a group of people is admirable. In these cases people are putting their own actions, suggestions and opinions to the test for the better of a group. This is a very honourable thing to do, and requires a lot confidence and compassion. The shows an ability not to focus your own well being, but the group as a whole. Some people might deem this as arrogance, but I believe if the motivation comes from a place of sincere compassion, this is more of a heroic act. Yeah it might sound a little over-the-top, but if you think about it, a hero is someone who places himself in danger for the better of others. And regardless of the size of the problem, I think this description is relatively accurate. And to see that sort of initiative is extremely inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment