Monday, June 1, 2009

Day 13 - cues from the universe

I'm one to say the universe has it's way of unfolding opportunities and paths for you. But, I'm not one to say that you just let fate pave your way. What's the point of living if it's all written for you? I really do think that there are things that are meant for you in life, things that you are destined for, but it's up to you to find them. You just need to be in tune with the cues the universe gives you. Last night I picked up a binder from my bookshelf, impulsively, to write on. Later that night, I had an instinct to open up the binder, only to find my old collection of poetry I wrote in high school. I opened to a page where I wrote about love, and how I knew one day my soul mate would reveal himself, and described the feeling. I realised that the title of the poem was so much more insightful than I would have thought, and that it spoke more to me about what I've wanted from love, and how much I've forgotten that. And as a naive teenager, I just wrote the title on impulse, only to read it 10 years later and realise that it actually means something bigger than I even thought it would. The title alone brought me so much insight and ease regarding my current ideas and reservations about love & relationships. Then this morning, again I impulsively grabbed an old CD from a few I was sorting through the other day, and listened to it on my drive to school. The song that came on, crazy as it might seem, was the exact song I remember listening to when writing that poem as a 16 year old. And yah, these are small examples of what I'm trying to get at, but they're examples nonetheles. Beacuse, it's moments like this, the "something is telling me to do this right now" moments that are such blessings. And they happen so often, that's the crazy part.

1 comment:

  1. that's amazing! it's crazy how those moments unfold. :)

    ReplyDelete