Friday, June 26, 2009

Day 38 - good mornings

I forget where I heard this, but its always stuck with me: 'there's something to be said that every night we go to sleep and wake up to a new day.' I was never a morning person. I used to get up at noon regularly and without a routine. Now I've gotten accustomed to getting up earlier, and being a bit more responsible with my mornings. And I'm not saying that a routine is necessary, because in some cases it's actually detrimental. But what I've come to value is my time in the morning. I wake up have breakfast conversation with either a nice roommate, or in my case now my adorable nephews, make a much needed coffee, put on some happy tunes and start getting ready for the day. Beginning your day pleasantly and with a positive outlook is so necessary. Each day is like a new beginning, and you're not being fair to yourself by not appreciating what a gift that is. We have the chance to start anew daily. I know it might not seem that way, because yesterdays problems sometimes feed into today, but it's still a new day. And it's beautiful to think that you have an opportunity to start it off positively.

No comments:

Post a Comment