Thursday, June 18, 2009

Day 30 - trips with friends

As I was browsing through my music library today I came across a song that struck such a strong chord. I remember listening to it while driving through Northern Italy and being surrounded by my friends, and thinking about how this was such a beautiful moment. Within a beautiful landscape and having an experience of a lifetime with some of the most important people in my life. I remember going through a year of complete hell before I ended up there, and I felt broken. And being there, sharing that experience with people I love, was completely uplifting. It's trips like this: road trips, backpacking, weekends away etc., that help build bonds while creating meaningful memories. And it's pretty ironic that I am leaving in a few hours for a weekend away with friends. Looking back at all these sort of memories I've shared with people, the only thing I can really do is smile about it. And the song not only reminds me of that, but also that there's definitely a rainbow after the storm, and one with people who you love - at least that's what I remember feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment