I wake up most days with a song in my head, and if not a song in my head, then I'll listen to a song on repeat sometimes. And with another day comes another song, so my story goes. Today this song stuck out to me. Regardless of that, I thought it was important to acknowledge the fact that music is such an important part of our lives. Sometimes the only thing that can really move me when I'm in a low place is a song. And I'm wondering why music has the power to seriously effect moments in our lives. And I think it goes back to my ideas of creating. I know whenever I strum a guitar or make a painting it's a releasing act. And whenever you hear a song, you feel that. It's like pulling a rubber band; you feel that release of tension. Whenever you're listening to a song, you're receiving a message from someone, and its in a creative form. So it's a really special moment when you think about it. Like I mentioned in earlier posts, listening to someones words is like receiving what they're giving to the universe, and when that message is a creative work it's been cared for, so listening to it is really a powerful experience. And every day, when I listen to a song and it effects my day, I think that's why, and I think in some ways it brings us all closer together. It's a message that's open, for anyone to hear, and its a message that everyone can feel, and relate to in any way. It's like a free universal gift coming from such a deep place. And I think the more authentic the music is, the more real it feels. That's why concerts can be so powerful or even singing by a campfire. And yes, it can be viewed as a form of escape from problems, but I think it's more soothing than destructive. You're listening to someone's message, and absorbing it. And regardless if the message is angry, sad or beautiful, i
t's pure. A genuine creative release and there's something to that.
Michelle & Edgard's beautiful wedding - 1 year ago today | Auberge du
Pommier
-
A year ago today was a magical day.
Two wonderful people from the opposite ends of this world joined hands in
marriage in front of their closest family an...
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment