Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Day 14 - apologies for things you forgot

Minor slips of people, like forgetting to respond to messages or even forgetting insignificant promises, are natural. These sort of things happen on a regular basis. Today I was apologized to on three separate occasions; all three of which were over mundane things that barely inconvenienced me and all three were also sincere. The one main reason I find it great, is that I would have completely overlooked the issues had they not apologized. This raises the issue of people considering your feelings enough to make sure not to hurt them over even stupid act of carelessness or forgetfulness. Sincere apologies are very easily understood. Because those apologies are sometimes hard to come by, and it's great to even see that for every crappy apology you may get, there's a great handful of people who will even apologize for things that you may not even consider being upset about. And that's something to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment