A friend of mine trusted me with something today, that wasn't told to many people. I was really honoured by this. A lot of times secrets are held in because of many reasons: being ashamed, not wanting to jinx things, wanting privacy, the list goes on. Most reasons are because of personal boundaries that are put up. The moment someone trusts you with something, they're putting down a wall. And I think a lot of us have different levels of walls around us. And the more we trust someone, the thicker are the walls we tear down. And that takes a lot of courage. For someone to do that, on my behalf, because they trusted me, is really something to be thankful for. We really shouldn't take for granted the people who trust us, because by tearing down those walls, they're putting their personal inhibitions, insecurities and sometimes secrets on the
table for us. And that's a lot to risk for one person.
table for us. And that's a lot to risk for one person.
Elfie; I just want to say thank you for sharing and writing your thoughts. I love it! I embrace it with an open mind. It's refreshing to find someone who values and appreciates people and things around her. Your blog is a wonderful reminder of the importance to find the beauty in the simple things of life, and to this I say "Thank you!"
ReplyDelete