I went into school today, did my work, typical day. At lunch, I went for a nice walk outside, grabbed some food and enjoyed it on the back patio in the sun. I took a break in the afternoon, went for a stroll with a friend, grabbed a popsicle, and again enjoyed it on my walk back to school. On the drive home, the sun was getting ready to set, and it's what some people call the golden hour; where everything is cast in the right amount of shadow that it really accents forms. And I was really enjoying driving back home, windows down, music up and the sun setting. You know, these moments of relief and leisure in our day seem sort of like fillers amongst a busy schedule. But, when you think about it, there are a lot of people for various reasons out there, whether it be pollitical cirucmstances, health restirctions, personal issues or even precoccupations with monetary success, that aren't able or in case of the later, don't allow themselves to really enjoy simple moments of relief. It's so importnatn nto take these for granted, they're things that are free and help balance your day. I came home feeling refreshed, after a pretty long day of work, and that's a hard thing to come by. After a long day of work, I'm sometimes just so exhausted, and just ready to veg out, but today, I felt great. In a society like ours so much of our time is spent preoccupied with success that we forget one of the greatest thing at our disposal; the ability to have carefree moments. The type of moments that in some places in the world are viewed as a luxury.

No comments:
Post a Comment