Sunday, June 14, 2009

Day 25 - supportive parents

I've always been a pretty stubborn and incorrigible person, since probably birth. My parents to this day say, that they can give me advice, but they know I'll just end up doing whatever I want to do anyway. And I've come to really appreciate this about them. They definitely have their preferences, coming from a very traditional Mediterranean upbringing. And of course they've instilled those values in me, but I'm always shocked and touched by how they humor and support some of the things that I do that are completely foreign to them. They've really given me free rein in most of my choices in life, and I'm so thankful for that. And I think that's what's really helped me develop such a great relationship with them. Where they trust my decisions, and I can appreciate and welcome their honest advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment