Saturday, June 6, 2009

Day 18 - friends who love your flaws

No one is perfect. The other day I had made a really stupid mistake, an act purely motivated by the insecure part of myself. For the entire day today I felt completely stupid and down about it., even though the mistake was pretty inconsequential, I was beating myself up about it. I had a talk with a friend and she mentioned to me that it was ok. That no, I'm not perfect, and yeah it was stupid, insecure and whatever, but she still loves me. And I thought to myself, that's true friendship. You know, I have loads of flaws, and I always hate it when they become clear to other people. But it's so beautiful to know that there are people in this world who see those cracks in your personality, and love you anyway. They don't hold it against you or throw it in your face at opportune moments. They accept your faults for what they are, and can even see the beauty in them. Why is this so important? Because I really don't think you could ever grow as a person without really coming to terms with the fact that it is ok to be flawed. And a friendship that is sincerely accepting is obviously such a healthy place for us to be able to improve on ourselves. So I consider myself truly blessed that I have people in my life that still manage to see me in a positive light, at moments when even I'm having difficulty doing so. Thank you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment