Invitations, as I mentioned earlier, are gifts from people that you should cherish. I have a few weddings that I have to attend this year, one in which I'm actually a part of the wedding party. I never realised how honourable that is until today, when I got a message from a friend of mine telling me she got engaged. We used to live together for almost half a year in Toronto almost three years ago, and we became pretty close. Even though I don't see her that often, I very much value her friendship and think she's one of the most honourable people I know. She's planning on getting married abroad, and asked me if I would be able to make it. I assume the wedding would be small, and I was so unbelievably touched by this, considering we barely see each other, and it got me thinking. For someone to invite you to their wedding that means they want you to share in a very special and intimate moment between them and the person they love. That's such an honour. And when I got to thinking that I will, this coming fall, play a role in the ceremony at my good friends wedding, because she's asked me to be a part of it, that's even more honourable. So, I'd like to formally thank those people who have invited me to be part of their wedding whether in attendance or in ceremony, it's only now that I sincerely realise how much of a blessing that actually is.

No comments:
Post a Comment