Monday, June 22, 2009

Day 31 - true colours that aren't rotten

There are times when the first impressions are negative. I have a problem that I'm recently realizing, where I usually make an assumption about whether or not I like a person within our first few encounters. Over the last while this has proved itself wrong and it's been very enlightening. I've had two occasions recently where I've had pretty strong negative impressions of people, and being a stubborn person, I stick to my opinions. This is so wrong however, because on both accounts I was completely mistaken. And as much as I've prided myself on being an excellent judge of character, these instances have made me put my foot in my mouth, and rightfully so. It's always beautiful to see people who may not make the brightest first impression actually shine through the longer you get to know them. Its these people that are a testament to the lack of patience people have and how superficial we can really be. Because sometimes the people worth getting to know are the ones who are rough around the edges and come across harshly. Seeing how wonderful and beautiful these people actually are regardless of their exterior is something to be valued. Because it not only allows you to see people in a new light, but also cut people a little bit of slack; I know I sure could sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment