Thursday, July 30, 2009

Day 72 - people who bite their tounges

Gossip is one thing that I find pretty contagious. You will find gossip in any community, and more so that it spreads like wild fire. I have to admit, although I may not be proud, that yes, I do participate in gossip. And the funny thing is that on some levels so many of us do. But, there are people out there who bite their tongues and chose not to participate, and it is these people that I admire. The more I think about it, gossipping about another person is only an indication of your own insecurity. The old saying goes, 'if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all' and there really is such merit to that. And the people who sit quiet really are stronger, secure and honest with both themselves and others. And I am thankful that for the amount of things said by and about my friends, people around me and most likely me, there are the few people in this world who don't feel the need to participate. So thank you for setting such an honourable standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment