Before a presentation I have been preparing for recently, I was pretty nervous. I received a few emails, messages and exchanged some words with people that expressed both their encouragement and faith in my capabilities. These expressions really are something to be thankful for. Now, it is important not to base our confidence on what people think we're capable of, because this will only give you a false sense of confidence that isn't founded on your own accomplishments. But, there are times that we do lose a bit of faith in ourselves. And you can't escape the fact that these notes of encouragement are reaffirmations of what we sometimes forget in ourselves in these moments of weakness. Having people around you who have faith in you are in some ways like pillars that help hold you up in these moments. When I think about all the loved ones I have a around me that see the potential I forget to see sometimes in myself, it really is such a blessing. 

No comments:
Post a Comment