Today my mom came home from a job that she's been keeping for a while. She seemed relaxed and in good spirits despite the early rising and long day. Seeing this made me really happy because it had been a while since I've seen her this happy. When I sat down today to write I thought about my day, and of all things, I really was so thankful that my mom was happy. You see a lot of unfortunate things happen to good people, and at times it frustrates you, at least I know it frustrates me, to see people with positive impacts not getting the same in return. But today, when I saw my mom in good spirits it was a comforting reminder that the world is balanced, and that acts of selflessness, generosity and positivity are returned. We just have to be patient. That's not to say that doing good deeds and being an honourable person for the sake of a reward is going to grant you that; no way. That's what I find most beautiful about the way the universe balances things off. Self-intentioned good deeds are just as corrupt as selfishness, and what's great about karma is that it pretty much sees through the bullshit. And, I think moments when someone finally gets an instalment of positive graces is the universe's way of saying 'thank-you'.

No comments:
Post a Comment