I'm always reminded of a conversation I had with a friend of mine a while back where he said to me, "I really respect and value your parents" and I said to him "But you barely know them" and his response was, "Yes, but they raised you, and that's enough of a reason." The people in your environment during your formative years have a serious effect on how you turn out. And sometimes we forget that there are these people in our lives, parents, teachers, camp counsellors, older siblings and relatives that while growing up instill what we deem as 'right' and 'good'. And I really have to say a formal thank-you to all the people in my life who have been role models both directly and indirectly, because it is these people that I think about sometimes when I make decisions and at hard times. And I feel very lucky to have had such honourable, honest and sincere people to help set my personal standards. 

No comments:
Post a Comment