Something fell under my bed today, and as I searched to find it I came across an old memory box of mine. I opened up to find a bunch of old letters, pictures, music and keepsakes I had completely forgot about. As I listened the music and read through some of the old letters I reminisced on good times that I had and felt those beautiful memories quite vividly. And I realised, that I'm so happy to have kept all these souvenirs because they let you remember things for the beauty that they brought into your life. And sure I'm more of a pack-rat than I should be, and I understand that living in the past is obviously not a healthy way to go about life. But what I'm saying is that sometimes keepsakes are the best way to appreciate your life, because they allow you to focus on the positive aspects of your experiences. You hold onto these things because they respond to something significant in your life. And I think that with them, I can look back at what seems as a lost friendship, broken relationship or age of innocence and realise where you've come from and what actually is important to you. And on top of that, it lets you remember these parts of your life in a positive light. Focusing on the beauty of your experiences is so essential. And it's comforting realising that not all was put to waste. Heck, sometimes an old teddy bear can bring more comfort than twenty deadbolts on your front door. 

No comments:
Post a Comment