Sunday, July 19, 2009

Day 62 - signs from loved ones who have passed on

On the day of my late grandmother's funeral almost three years ago, my godfather/ uncle saw a bee fly off the coffin and come 'kiss' his cheek during the burial. At this moment he had a fond memory/ vision of my grandmother. For the following week he found a bee around him always. The day I went to pick up some stuff from her apartment with my two cousins and sister, a bee was in the room with us. And as we dressed my cousin this past weekend, on her wedding day, my sister and I spotted a bee in the room with us. Some people may read this as hoaky, but I think these small signals can only be seen to those who truly believe that there is more to us than just this physical world we're bound to. Yes there are skeptics out there, and I'm not saying anyone needs to believe in traditional ideas of heaven or hell. But what these signs mean, at least to me, is that even though we've lost the one's we love physically, they are always with us. And regardless of denomination or beliefs, I think that these blessings are available to all of us, as long as we hold on to these people emotionally; because it's these signs that show that they hold on to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment