Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day 51 - grown-up slumber parties

I spent last night at a friends house and it was basically a grown-up sleep over. We watched movies, laughed and ordered in. There are often times that we forget how much joy these adolescent activities bring. It's nice to find a place for them in our adult lives. I think slumber parties are something to definitely be cherished and I'll tell you the few reasons why. One being that we tend to put barriers up with people, and as we grow tired and the night passes, the environment of a slumber party, I find, is one that is welcoming and relaxed. It gives us a platform where we feel we might not be judged. The second being that late nights sometimes bring on a state of deliriousness and with that comes a lot of laughter and lack of inhibitions. I can't begin to count the amount of late night laughing fits and bizarre shenanigans I've had growing up. So, I think the combination of spending time with someone and mild exhaustion is a good formula to form healthy bonds with people. It's really a simple thing and I think as we grow older we forget how simple things are really the basis of some of our greatest friendships.

No comments:

Post a Comment