Friday, July 17, 2009

Day 60 - drop-in visits

I'll own up to the fact that I'm definitely not a morning person. I was woken up by a phonecall today from a friend of mine who called to say he's in town and wanted to drop by. I was so happy to hear from him that I didn't care about being woken from my much loved slumber. Drop-by, just-to-say-hi visits are so great I think! Firstly I love their pleasant surprise. Secondly, although their visit isn't always primarily for you, it's an impulsive consideration; and these then are obviously from the heart. I find sometimes that people get a little bothered by the drop-in visit, I know I've been guilty of it in the past. But the more you sit and think about it, you realise that people are only doing so to spend time with you. They're diverting from their daily routine in order to share part of it with you, and I think that's really special. So why would you want to close the door on something like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment