Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day 64 - loss

Today was a weird day, I attended a funeral visitation and just prior to that I had an involved conversation that ended with a lost meaning in something pretty important to me. The details are unnecessary, only to note that the two are very similar. At the wake I started to think about how losing friends, opportunities and ideas can be really therapeutic. It's really hard to say goodbye sometimes but being forced to let go of something because it's been taken from you or having your bubble burst is a blessing. Holding onto things, people, ideas or realities when it's time for them and you to move on can only hinder you. There are a lot of things in this world for all of us, some better than others, and having them taken from us is sometimes the only way to open your eyes to what is out there.

1 comment:

  1. It feels SO good to be unchained............ ............. .......... :o) :o)))))))))))))))))))))))))) My wrists are STILL aching, and the chains tend to want to link back together, but I *know* in time, they will give way & give up & the pain will FINALLY subside ;o))) It HAS to!! ;oD

    Thank you, Elfie!! :oD :o)))

    (((love u))) always.. :o)
    ~alex~ :oD :o))) :oD

    ReplyDelete