I had an argument with a person about a month ago. He was trying to tell me that pets are not good for people and domesticating animals is a stupid concept. I can understand his viewpoint, but having a pet myself I could barely relate. My pet Elliot and me have a special bond. The bond people develop with animals is really special because it goes beyond civilized communication; it's based on instinct. Today, Elliot was upset and I couldn't understand why. I spent the afternoon trying to figure it out, and the process was completely intuitive. I think an important thing to note is that pets help us develop that part of ourselves. Love from an animal, because of their intellectual limitations, is so pure. The beauty about it is the love is ubiased , a pet doesn't care what class you're in or whether or not you fit into some superficial norm of beauty. They sense when you're upset, when you need affection and vice versa. Yes it's really simple, but it's still meaningful. An animal will love you based purely on instinct, and that I think is really a pure form of love if you ask me. And being reminded of that on a daily basis can't be unhealthy.

No comments:
Post a Comment