When I was younger I would have terrible problems sleeping, nightmares, anxiety, you name it. These difficulties followed me into adulthood. Only recently have I harnessed this problem and as I was lying down to sleep last night I realised what a blessing it is to not worry about this. Then I thought a bit more about it. Now, despite the obvious reason that we are lucky to live in a place where sleeping well at night isn't a luxury, having a good nights sleep is one of the few things in life that provide us with sincere solace. And just as a good morning is an opportunity to start things anew, a good nights sleep is a great way to put away problems that seem like mountains but are actually inconsequential. We are lucky to have this at our disposal, because it's the one time where we can let go and let our minds & bodies do the work for us. Sometimes things in life just iron themselves out, and allowing yourself to have a good nights sleep is allowing your body & mind to sort out the issues in a way that you may not have the capacity to understand on a conscious level. That's one of the hardest things I've had to accept in life; letting go. And I think as I finally develop a healthy sleeping pattern, only now have I begun to understand the importance of letting go and put things to rest on a conscious level.

You must be my twin soul. I often find myself reading your entries and think to myself, "she just read my mind," or "I've said this before," and for this I have one word...FASCINATING!
ReplyDelete