Today after coming home, I decided to just take the night to time myself out from the world, I locked myself in my room and just relaxed for a couple of hours. I realised how valuable these sort of times are both daily and on a grander scale, when dealing with relationships, projects, problems etc. In most cases I tend to plummet through things wanting to find the answers and take control of the situation. I think sometimes quickly rushing through a problem is just an indication of my own insecurities of creating it. It's like you guilt yourself into finding a solution. And just now as I was lying in my bed after dealing with a variety of things today I realised how important timing out is. Sometimes you just need to breathe, let things settle and regroup. This not only tests patience but trust in your own instincts. If you are faced with a certain circumstance, based on whatever decisions you have made, you have to trust that you are going to be able to deal with it. There's no need to hurry. So instead of running through life like a chicken with my head cut off, I'm glad today I realised the value of stepping back, and just taking a breath. And if it is guilt that instigates this impulsive reaction, then doing anything that stems from guilt will only bring more guilt. 

No comments:
Post a Comment