It was Halloween today, my friends and family always think it's hilarious how into it I get. I always love decorating my house, dressing up and giving out candy while scaring kids. My house was the 'best on the block' this year, according to my sister. And my family laughed at how excited I would get while trying to scare kids. I thought about it, and I remember saying that it's so important that kids get scared. Why? Because life isn't a safe ride. You have to be pushed out of your boundaries, made to feel uncomfortable and confront lots of monsters. And amongst dressing up, halloween is a perfect opportunity to enforce that on kids. Sure, scaring the crap out of them isn't necessary, but just making them uncomfortable enough that they're a little hesitant to ring the doorbell is just the right amount of fear I think.

No comments:
Post a Comment