Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Day 144 - personal discoveries

I was driving home the other night and I turned the radio on to hear a song that struck me immediately. Today all I could do was listen to it over and over, and I got to thinking. Usually when you discover songs, foods, places or anything for that matter, on your own, they hold a much more personal meaning then when they're suggested to you by someone else. I think for one thing, it's intentional, you independently are enamoured or intrigued by something, and making that distinction on your own is a powerful thing. Also, it's almost fateful that these sort of things cross your path. It's like you're in the right place at the right time, you hear a song that stays with you for a lifetime, or find a favourite hangout that becomes your regular hot spot. When you're ready you are open to these sort of universal interventions. And when you discover it solely on your own, it much more satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment