I mention a lot that diversity amongst people is really a beautiful thing. We really all are very special and unique people on certain levels. And to be completely contradictory, we have a lot basic necessities, habit and such that unite us; one of those being birthdays. What I love most about birthdays is that it grants a person with a day of celebration - and of their own uniqueness! I know, it sounds totaly corny, but in all honesty, the idea of celebrating a person's birthday is a great blessing, because so often do we forget how lucky we are to have the people around us, and being forced to celebrate them is an important and easy way to regain site of all that. It also gives people a get-out-jail-free card so to speak, at least for their special day, they make the rules and I think that's a great thing. They are days of opportunity, appreciation and succumbing to the wishes of others. They let us learn how to be respectfully selfless and demanding at once, which I think are both qualities we all could work on. And, they're just for one day, they're almost too perfect.

No comments:
Post a Comment