Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Day 149 - new old friends

You may know someone for a long time, but not actually know them. I've recently spent a bit more time with people I've always known growing up, but would never have considered close friends. In the last little while, they've become dear friends of mine. The great thing about this is, that you both have shared experiences and can relate to each other easily. And after the initial awkwardness subsides, there is a potential for a very special friendship. I have a tendency to be awkward around people I've known for a while, yet never spoke to. And if this has taught me anything, is that there's no reason to feel that way, because the only reason you may not have spoken to these people is based purely on circumstance, and sometimes you're really selling yourself short of a good friendship by feeding that awkwardness.

No comments:

Post a Comment