I think the testament to a true friend is one which you don't feel bad inconveniencing. I have a tendency to feel guilty about asking people to help me, but there are a select group of people which I know, no matter what the investment is, what time of day it is, I can call on them for help. And not feeling bad about asking someone to dedicate their time on your behalf is a sign that you have a sincerely deep friendship with that person. I found myself in a funk for ideas today, and sent out a mass email to a few friends to help, and realised that I couldn't send this out to every friend I do have. Now, this isn't a knock to my friends that I do feel guilty asking for help, it's more the realization that I do have people in my life that I feel comfortable enough asking for help no matter what the cause, and can guarantee a positive response.

No comments:
Post a Comment