Saturday, October 10, 2009

Day 143 - realising you miss someone

I came home the other night, and saw left overs from yet another dinner I missed this week. It made me feel kind of sad, I hadn't been around for almost a week. And it occurred to me that, I was in fact, missing my family. These moments are very important in our lives, because they help us realise some of the blessings we already have. The next couple of days I took it upon myself to work from home in order to have dinner with my family. It made all the difference. When we miss people, it comes from the part of us that appreciates what people have to offer us. And the moment that we realise we do miss someone, it's that part of ourselves that's letting us on what they grace us with on a daily basis. They are small reminders of the good people bring to us, and opportunities for us to appreciate them while we still can.

No comments:

Post a Comment