I find that there's a line between showing concern and prying. I'm not sure where I stand on what constitutes what, but I thought I would share my thanks to the people out there who are genuinely concerned with my well being, but give me the space in order to share or express my feelings. I can't say that asking questions about certain issues in someone's life is wrong, and I think it's definitely fair to say that a good friend would ask how things are going. At the same time, I also think it's important to respect that when people are ready or want to discuss things with you they will. Where the two meet I'm unsure about, because some people need a little bit of probing in order to get much needed things off their chest; and of course some don't. So, the answer isn't clear, but today I am thankful for the friends that know, when I'm ready to talk about something I definitely will.

No comments:
Post a Comment