I had a bad habit when I was younger of not knowing when to keep my mouth shut. When things would bother me, I would have to express myself. After long hard earned lessons, I reached a point where I realised that certain things, opinions and acts of discourtesy really aren't worth my time. And I really don't mean that in a snotty way. People do a lot of stupid things, and for the most part, anything that's offensive is usually on account of some issue that person has with themselves. That's not to say that we are all perfect and never do wrong to others. But the fact of the matter is, that not everything that is intended to offend us should be given merit. And it's taken a while to distinguish what should be taken seriously, and what to brush aside, and a lot is obviously still unclear. I understand that these things happen, and you shouldn't scorn a person for lashing out, because it's sometimes not in their own control at the time. I had something like this happen to me, and I was so shocked and thankful that I could turn the other way. It takes a lot for me to bite my tongue. But it also takes a lot more energy to be angry about something that although unclear sometimes, really has nothing to do with you. And lashing right back sometimes really only makes matters worse for both people.

No comments:
Post a Comment