I'm not the type of person to keep a lot of things inside, sure certain private matters i don't discuss, but my general thoughts I have a tendency to spew out. I'm not sure how I feel about this, because I can see how it can be misread sometimes by people. And I think that happened to me today. But what I am thankful for, is the people who are there and understand me. I'm thankful for moments where no filters are ok. Sure I can wear my heart on my sleeve, spew out any random nonsense that's going on in my head, but that doesn't discount my credibility, intelligence and integrity. And I think a lot of life has been left to silence nowadays. We tend to filter almost everything that we say. A lot of conversation is less about what is being said, and more about what is not being said. The thing is I don't think being an open book is a good thing, but I just think that we really don't say much nowadays. And in that, a lot of our relationships are harder earned. We aren't close to people anymore, or maybe we never were? Who knows, but it's definitely something to think about. 

No comments:
Post a Comment