Sunday, October 4, 2009

Day 136 - positive perspectives

I noticed that I have been fairly happy the last few weeks, moreso then usual. And I realised that the more positive you are about your life, social interactions and anything you undertake to do, the outcome is usually that; positive. I've gained a few personal relationships in the past month, a few of which I didn't think I'd ever really care to have, and I think a lot of it is my perspective. It really hit me the amount this has on your life when I lost a few valuable pieces today. I woke up in a bit of a grumpy and irritated mood, and rushed out of the house to get a few errands done like a chicken with my head cut off. The whole day I was focused on the negative outcome of losing these belongings, which was followed by misplacing another personal belonging during the day. At the end of the day, I decided I wasn't going to put any more effort into being negative about these things, had a nice positive conversation with a friend of mine over coffee and regrouped. When I drove home, I was in a much more positive and grounded head space. I calmly looked through somethings when I reached my room, only to find my belongings in very obvious places. It really made me think that it really was my irrational head space that morning that caused me to 'misplace or lose' my things. Trying to maintain a positive and level-headed outlook, not only helps your peace of mind, but also the general flow of your daily life I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment