I celebrated a very special day today, my friend's marriage. The celebration was exactly as you would imagine it, joyful, exciting and full of energy. And I got to thinking, we very seldom celebrate things in today's society. We bank our celebrations for major events, weddings, milestone birthdays and anniversaries etc. And although the celebration was wonderful, it's unfortunate that we have to wait for only major moments in our lives to celebrate with friends and families. I remember when they first initiated 'Family Day' as a holiday here in Canada, and it made me think, shouldn't most days be family days? We live in a culture that works for the weekend, and doesn't savour daily miracles. And yes I think overindulging in celebrating every little thing makes the joyous occasions redundant. But I do think there is something to be said about the fact that we do bank our joy in order to cash in on something big. Something to think about definitely. But congratulations to my friend, it definitely was a great occasion worth celebrating!

No comments:
Post a Comment