Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Day 134 - motivation

I read once that creative impulses are gifts you relieve from a subconscious part of yourself. In order to gain these creative impulses, you have to be open to receiving guidance from some other part of yourself that you aren't always aware of. It funny how the moment you have these impulses, work becomes pleasure. Some theories say that motivation to finish projects, do things you're 'supposed to do' is something delivered by to us by our subconscious. I think there's some merit to that. And I think it's important to listen to those impulses, and allow them to come freely. Forcing yourself to do work that you do not have your heart in will only be detrimental to the overall process. That's not to say that finishing a deadline because you don't feel like it is warranted, but finding a way to tap into a positive mindset is generally a healthy way to go about it. But sometimes that motivation comes from no where, and it's 3am and you get out of bed because you need to draw something, or found the right idea to write about. And I really do believe these impulses, which start our engines and get us moving forward are gifts that we take for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment