Thursday, September 17, 2009

Day 119 - relief

We all have pain in our lives, and it ranges from physical, to emotional, to psychological, and so on. At some point or another that pain is relieved. And I really do think that this time comes when we've learned the lesson we needed to, and really understood the process of alleviating that pain. I had a root canal done today that was extremely painful, but at the same time, the process was rather satisfying, (yes call it crazy). I had been in pain for a few days, and as the pain intensified and then exhausted itself during the surgery, I felt relief. It was like the good sort of pain you feel during a deep massage. Yes, it's extremely painful, but satisfying. And if these examples can teach us anything, is that relief is not easy, it is a process. And I think that any pain we may go through will not alleviate itself unless we truly understand the process involved in relieve it. Sure, we can suppress the pain, and escape from it, but in the end, like a knot in our back, it will just further intensify, until we admit to ourselves that we need to deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment