A lot of what we talk about with people on a daily basis, when you think about it, is of pretty superficial subject matter. A lot of how we exist socially is pretty impersonal. Most of our inner workings are kept private, and a lot of effort is made to not intrude on people's person space. We sit in subway cars, work out, wait in line etc. with millions of people, whom we have come accustomed to not talking to. There's a slang that's used, 'TMI' (Too Much Information), when people share extremely personal information with others that is said to make people feel uncomfortable, and the more I think about it, the more strange that is. Now I'm not one to talk, I mean I've used the term countless times. But, I guess what I'm saying is that we've reached an age where it's looked down upon to share personal information with people. And what I'm trying to say here, is that, is it really that bad? Or have we just become so self-involved that we really don't care about what's going on in other people's personal lives? I'm not sure where I stand with this, because I can understand the argument that there are certain things that should remain private, because they are sacred, but are we drawing the line to close to the surface?

No comments:
Post a Comment