I'm a Teaching Assistant again for a class that I've taught twice before. After class three or four of the students approached me saying how excited they were to have me as their Teaching Assistant again, and showed an appreciation for my past efforts. I felt very grateful for this because I do take these positions pretty seriously. I really think its important for a teaching assistant to be an approachable and helpful role model. There's a difference between a good teacher and a great teacher, and the great teachers are the ones that do extend themselves for the better of someone's education, and as much as I could, I feel I did my best to do so as a teaching assistant to these students. And receiving these tokens of appreciation from those four students today really made me feel like it wasn't for nothing, and that's a great thing.

No comments:
Post a Comment