I had someone tell me something about myself today, that couldn't have been further from the truth. And I found myself laughing at it. I remember when I was much younger and would let people's opinions of me gauge what I thought of myself. But, you come to a point, when you realize what you're not. And its not until then that a completely inaccurate perception can be very enlightening. What it proves is that most of our worlds derive from perceptions. What looks like a wholesome act of generosity to you might be perceived as something to be feared by another. And as much as there are certain universal understandings, today, I realised that you are a different person to everyone you encounter, whether you like it or not. So the good thing about these wrong perceptions is that they should remind you to just be the best person you can be, based on your values and intentions and not worry about how that may be perceived. Regardless of how hard you try to impress, prove or express yourself, somewhere, someone is going to think the complete opposite at some point. And these false impressions shouldn't limit you, but free you. 

No comments:
Post a Comment