When I was younger I used to easily write people off, and just automatically assume that if a solid friendship isn't possible then the only other possible relationship was an acquaintance. The more I realise how mailable the term friendship is, the more tolerable, happier, understanding I think I've become. Friends grow in and out of eachother, and that's not a bad thing. It's important to recognize the beauty spending seasons with people. Yes, friendships that last lifetimes are amazing, but they are rare. And friends that aren't as deeply rooted are just as valuable. They give us the liberty to really explore ourselves, help us come into our own and of course understand the variety of beautiful people in this world. They are like clean slates full of new ways to relate to people. Allowing yourself to develop varied type of relationships with people and with a looser hold, not only will give you a wider knowledge of people in general, but also gives people the chance to prove their humanity. The second you demote someone as aquaintance, rather then (type of) friend, you're immediately putting limitations on that relationship. Holding people loosely within a spectrum of friendship allows you to develop patience and understanding, while also giving people the freedom to be th
e type of friend they are capable and willing to be, without judgment.
e type of friend they are capable and willing to be, without judgment.
No comments:
Post a Comment