Monday, September 7, 2009

Day 108 - drives in the country

There's something about driving in the boonies that I find very therapeutic. I took a long ride out through the outskirts the city today, not really sure why, but something took me there. And it's funny because after the long drive, I felt refreshed and recharged. Sometimes while in the congestion of the city, it's important to take the time to head back to nature somehow. I think as humans, we need it. It can really ground you. And driving through an open road is an interesting experience, because it triggers opposing emotions. Riding through the vastness of nature is very humbling, it makes you feel how insignificant you and your problems are. But at the same time, driving alone in this landscape also triggers a sense of empowerment, you own the road. It's a very liberating experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment