Sunday, September 27, 2009

Day 130 - drunken talks with friends

It's always best to break down barrier's naturally, but often times, especially during univeristy, we find ourselves out with friends and slightly tipsy. They don't call it a truth serum for nothing. There are so many times that I can remember sincerely heartfelt one on one converstations I've had with friends while intoxicated. And for the most part, these conversations are usually unspoken of after that night. And I think that's what's so special about them. They are moment where barriers are completely broken, and someone shares something very personal with the other person. And it's not necessarily something emotional between the two people, it's easily just a deeply personal conversation, that because of the circumstance, is taken casually. And I think that's what makes people uncomfortable, because your inhibitions are gone, and you spew out somethign that you probably have wanted to share with someone, but just didn't have the guts to do it. And although it's a slightly unatural provocation, being under the influence and all, it's a very special moment. And as blurry as that night may have been its these moments that usually are never forgetten. It's like the song goes, 'like a drunken night, it's the best bits that are coloured in.'

No comments:

Post a Comment