Monday, August 17, 2009

Day 89 - first dates

Regardless of whether or not a date progresses further than that first date, they are always very exciting. Why? Well this brings me back to an idea that that I mentioned in an earlier post where I mentioned how great first impressions were because you are in a situation where you can express yourself to someone without any preconceived ideas. A first date is similar to this, but with another layer of potential. Being a date, it obviously means you have a romantic interest in someone, so its potential is exciting. And for the most part, a person is more willing to open up to the other because there is a genuine interest there. I think that's why sometimes all it takes is one date to really realise if you are compatible with a person, because if both people are genuinely open, there's the opportunity to really get to know someone, and see the potential connection you can have with that person. And regardless if that connection is weak or strong, the idea that we're capable of knowing this is really exciting I think. I guess that might be why so many people are nervous on first dates; because it can be seen as a one and only shot. But at the same time, if you look at it this way, it helps you understand that you shouldn't settle for something less than what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment