I've recently made a pretty drastic decision in my career path. The whole process of coming to the decision was very difficult, but what is so heart warming is the genuine support and happiness I see in my friends when I tell them the news. There are times I find myself or my friends in circumstances where mine or their friends are competitive. This is obviously no one's fault, it's a product of our own issues and the 'success oriented' mentality of our society. So there are plenty of times where people aren't genuinely happy for your successes, and its much more common than not. And yes, this is unfortunate, but its the reality our situation, and we're all guilty of it. We all want to do great things in life, and sometimes when we see others succeeding in doing so, at some point or another, we've all felt a sense of envy. And these moments are products of our own insecurities and self-doubt, so we shouldn't feel guilty, but more aware of that. But that's what makes supportive friends all the more valuable. This is why having people in your life that are so genuinely happy for your success, that you can see it in their eyes is a blessing. And it's these honest moments that one should really be thankful for. Because it can help me and all of us let go of our egos sometimes, and be happy for things that may give us a bit of envy. 

No comments:
Post a Comment