I'll be the first to admit that I can be a bit of a flake sometimes. As much as I try to make plans I always end up having to cancel for some reason. Last night at around 9 o'clock I decided to meet up for ice cream. I find that these nights, for the most part, end up being more satisfying than planned events. They're less staged, informal and in most cases because you genuinely want to see a person. Some of the best times I've had were in circumstances where last minute plans turned into nights with either great conversation or fun adventures, (like a ten second decision to join a subway train party at 11pm on a weekday). Taking things as they come is part of living a balanced life. Being a bit of a control freak, it's hard for me to practise that advice, but its what spontaneous outings should remind us. I was once told by someone that they no longer hold onto long-term plans too tightly, because so much of what happens in our life can be changed on a dime. So I am thankful for moments where spontaneity takes the reins for a bit, and lets you have informal moments of enjoyment. Why? Well, as much as you should pave your own path in life, it's also important to ride the wave for a while. However, the balance between the two is a bit unclear for me right now. But regardless, sometimes we need to take things as they come, because we don't always know what's good for us; and its mostly when you let go that the good stuff happens.

No comments:
Post a Comment