Saturday, August 8, 2009

Day 79 - friends who can read your moods

Something made me a little sad at one point during class today. I tried to keep it together because it was more of an internal thing. My friend approached me at lunch and asked if I was ok. After I told her about it I realised how nice it was to get it off my chest. Being close enough with someone that they can read your mood even when you're trying to fight it is really a beautiful thing. Sometimes we don't know we need help or try to hide our feelings because we're not wiling to deal with them, unaware, or even embarrassed. Friends who take the time to really understand you I think can read into when you are in need of someone, even if it's not on a conscious level. I left the room thinking I wanted to be alone for a while just to collect myself and what have you but when I was approached by my friend, I really just needed someone to help me get some stuff off my chest. Sometimes we can be so blind to what we really need, but what we give off to the world somehow lets us receive it if we're open to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment