I was at the beach tonight, and while my friends got a fire ready I stood by the water, looked out into nothingness and sunk my feet into the wet sand. Lately I had been losing hope in something very significant in my life and I felt a sinking feeling come over me as I looked out into what felt like this vast plane of powerful water. And for some reason I asked quietly out loud, please just give me a sign I am not hoping for this in vain. I headed back to the fire that had started, and as I sat down on a sandy log, it started to rain. And strangely, after thirty seconds, it stopped. Now I know the thought of it raining specifically for me is completely self-involved, and I'm not saying that it did. But what I'm saying, is that there are things bigger than us out there, and there are ways of finding peace through them. And somehow I asked that question at that specific moment, and it was perfectly cued. And this is what I'm thankful for, that there are moments, where we can connect to the universe so acutely, and there is something so humbling, peaceful and grounding about that. 

No comments:
Post a Comment