Saturday, August 29, 2009

Day 101 - friends who ask for advice

I was woken up today by a friend who was in need of advice. For someone to come to you during a troublesome time, aside from how big the issue might be, shows an appreciation for what you have to say. A lot of times we may find it inconvenient to assist people with things, but I think its something to be honoured by. Asking for help is becoming less common nowadays. Our society is rooted in self-sufficient ideals, and for someone to come to you for help, not only shows their own humility but also places good value on your opinion. So I'm taking this moment to thank the people in my life who come to me for advice. Surrendering to the assistance of someone else takes a lot of courage sometimes, and being valuable enough to someone that they come to me is deserving of gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment