Monday, August 10, 2009

Day 82 - classic childhood tv shows

I was surfing the net last night and came across a video for the opening theme song to my most favourite childhood t.v. shows. I was so unbelievably happy when I came across it that I ended up watching a handful of episodes into the wee hours of the night. As I think about it today, that sort of response is pretty irrational yet brought me a very wholesome sort of joy. Sometimes sitting back and watching old childhood television is one of the best things you can do for yourself. It's like chicken soup for a jaded soul if you ask me. As we grow up so much of our perception becomes tainted by all the negativity we see. So when we watch these old shows they remind us of a purer time and instill a positive message. Sometimes its nice to remember that its good to do the right thing, people should be nice to one another, and that, as Mister Rogers would say, 'you are special'.

No comments:

Post a Comment